I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but my husband is. When we recently moved I knew I wanted to surprise Tim with his own space in the kitchen.This space would be somewhere he could go every morning to the feel joy and relaxation of the day before beginning a long commute to work; thus was born ‘The Coffee Bar’.
What is a coffee bar? A coffee bar is a place where you can have every thing you need to make a great cup of Joe in the morning. “Just add water” mentality went into the design. Coffee bars are great functional filler for dead space. We had a little nook by our backdoor that needed some life. With some mugs, a coffee maker (must have), canisters for essentials (sugar, tea bags, etc.), and some cute pieces of art my nook was a coffee bar!
Coffee bar’s don’t need to be just about coffee. I store my teas in some of the canisters and often use our Verismo for hot water. For the kids, you can try adding some clear containers with marshmallows and hot cocoa mix.
- Coffee Mug Rack: IKEA Fintorp
- Coffee Mugs: Target
- Coffee Maker: Starbucks Verismo V Brewer System
- Milk Frother: Starbucks Verismo Electric Milk Frother (BEST INVESTMENT FOR A GREAT MORNING!)
- Britinna Canister Set: Wayfair.com
- Gold Mirrors: Target [sold out], similar find on Amazon.com
- Console Table: Amazon [Sold out] click here for similar table